Friday 23 August 2013

Aim High- Life gives you whatever you ask!



We all have many great targets to accomplish . However many of us do not use our fullest potential simply because we do not believe in ourselves. Remember if you think you can or you think you cannot, you are  right. You know yourself better than I do. So always aim high. Let me share Jessie Belle Rittenhouse's poem with you so you might understand what I mean:

I bargained with Life for a penny,
And Life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store;
For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.
I worked for a menial’s hire,
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have paid

I'll share a very famous story of Anthony de Mello. A man found an eagle's egg and put it in a nest of a barnyard hen. The eaglet hatched with the brood of chicks and grew up with them. All his life the eagle did what the barnyard chicks did, thinking he was a barnyard chicken. He scratched the earth for worms and insects. He clucked and cackled. And he would thrash his wings and fly a few feet into the air. Years passed and the eagle grew very old. One day he saw a magnificent bird above him in the cloudless sky. It glided in graceful majesty among the powerful wind currents, with scarcely a beat on his strong golden wings. The old eagle looked up in awe. "Who's that?" he asked. "That's the eagle, the king of the birds," said his neighbour. "He belongs to the sky. We belong to the earth - we're chickens." So the eagle lived and died a chicken, for that's what he believed he was.
Aim high and belief in yourself. You will achieve whatever you desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment