Saturday 10 May 2014

Chocolate Cake Recipe




Hello everybody. This is Mahnoor Javed. Today was my Dad's birthday and so I baked a cake and I just thought of sharing its recipe with all of you. It's basically a chocolate cake with chocolate icing on it. And it's a really easy recipe and the best one too. So read it, I hope you'll enjoy it. Do try it and give me your feedbacks.

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups Flour
  • 2 teaspoons Baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons Baking powder
  • 8 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
  • 2 cups Sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups Milk
  • 1 1/2 cups Oil
  • 4 eggs
For the icing:
  • 12 tablespoons Milk
  • 8 tablespoons Sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
  • 2 tablespoons Cornflour
  • 1 teaspoon Butter

Procedure:
  1. In a medium bowl, sift together the Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and the Cocoa Powder till its colour becomes light brown.
  2. In a larger bowl, beat together the Sugar, Oil and Milk with the help of a beater. Add the Eggs in it one at a time. Beat well to make a smooth batter.
  3. Add a tablespoon of the flour mixture(in the small bowl) to the batter and beat well after each addition.
  4. When the mixture becomes thick, pour it into a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes at about 180C.
  5. Place the cake on a wire rack to cool.
  6. For the icing, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook stirring constantly until it becomes a little thick.
  7. Spread the icing on the cake and level it.
  8. You can also decorate the cake with beaten fresh cream, bunties or  anything you like!
This is the cake I made on my brother's birthday:




And this one I made last year on my father's birthday!





No comments:

Post a Comment